Saturday, July 2, 2011

Bound by the things that surround me!

I feel tied down by the things around me, by my material possessions…I honeslty feel like dragging them all out into the front yard and setting a match to them while I enjoy the heat and the glow of a fire. Then I would be free, free from insurance payments, free from having to find somewhere to house them, free from the responsibility to maintain, clean and care for them…free!

As I prepare to leave this place that has been my home for the past 4 years I feel heavy with the responsibility of what to do with these THINGS. Yes, I hear you, sell them, give them away, get rid of them…but then what? In a few months, a year, will I need/want them again? Will I need a shelf for my books and a vacuum cleaner for a rented floor? What then I ask you, what then?







No comments:

Post a Comment