Friday, July 22, 2011

Fail, big fat, empty on the inside, FAIL!

Something happened this week. Can’t explain fully what came over me…or where my resolve went…but I went shopping! Arrrrr yes you heard me.

I WENT SHOPPING FOR NEW THINGS!

I know, I know….!

Its taken me a few weeks to be able to come to terms with my actions and get a better understanding of the state of mind that found me wandering into the shinny entrance of Myres in down town Perth.

I hadn’t made the journey to the city centre to shop…nor did I have any intention to do so! I was staying in the city for work…with time on my hands and desperate for a distraction from all I had to do. I innocently went for a walk!

I returned with several pieces of new clothing, wrapped nicely in fresh tissue paper and promises of the new, a new me, a new life, a new sex appeal ….a transformation that is just that, a promise…one that will undoubtedly prove to be an empty one….

…..and there it is, the point of this whole exercise! 


Finding something to be grateful for is hard while wearing such a heavy cloak laden with the disappointment of my own human weakness  but now with some time between me and this epic FAIL ....

I am grateful for the ability to see my own failings and willingness to attempt to address them!

No comments:

Post a Comment