Tuesday, January 11, 2011

In the face of disaster!



As Queensland floods and submerges under the 'inland tsunami',
firefighters in Western Australia battle to save homes in 36 degree heat from a raging fire, suspected to have been lit by arsonists and Carnarvon licks its wounds and cleans up from its flood…I’m sat here, dry and safe feeling emotional and seeing clearly what I have to be grateful for and wondering.....what could those affected by all of this disaster possibly be grateful for right now?

Knowing how difficult it is to be grateful for anything when your world is falling down around you,  I offer this list of gratitude for you, along with my prayers and good wishes.


  • I’m grateful for every helping hand that reached out to you or someone you care about.

  • I’m grateful for the extraordinary generosity of the average Australian to dig deep and give in times of hardships.

  • I’m grateful for aussie mateship and fighting spirit.

  • I’m grateful for the safety and well being of your family and friends.

  • I’m grateful for the kindness of strangers.

  • I’m grateful for the emergency services staff and volunteers who risk their own safety to save others.

  • I’m grateful for your safety and well being.








1 comment:

  1. That's lovely Rachel. What more can I say. You've said it all.

    ReplyDelete